- Alexandra Hospital - Cheadle
- Job Advert
Deputy Clinical Services Manager - Theatre
Full Time - Permanent
Up to £44,000 + Benefits
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle Is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Deputy Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Robust understanding of Clinical Governance requirements for the area.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Extensive experience working in an acute hospital setting in a Senior Registered Nurse post or equivalent.
- Previous experience within a Clinical Lead role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Previous management experience desired
Duties of this role include:
- Coordinate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while assisting the Clinical Services Manager – Theatre in the management of the theatre team..
- Provide safe quality clinical care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver safe quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department.
- Act as clinical leader for the theatre Team and take responsibility in area of speciality e.g. anaesthetics, orthopaedics.
- Deputise for Clinical Services Manager – Theatre as and when required.
- Achieve objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Ensure that patient safety checks are carried out in accordance with the policy and that all practitioners adhere to the checks.
- Undertake the off duty and allocations in line with policy.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 30 days
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development; free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card
- Plus much more