- Meriden Hospital - Coventry
- Job Advert
Senior Healthcare Assistant
Full Time - Permanent
Up to £18,500 + Benefits
BMI Meriden Hospital in Coventry is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. Part time hours are also available. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Care Certificate.
- Able to perform phlebotomy duties & ECG recordings.
- Working in a pre-assessment environment an advantage.
- Willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent.
- Gynaecology experience would be desirable.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues. Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
- Deliver a high standard of care in accordance with BMI policies and procedures.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the HCA standard framework, understanding the standards in accordance with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 30 days
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development; free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card
- Plus much more