- Blackheath Hospital - London
- Job Advert
Blackheath Hospital in London is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Practice Based Educator
Part time - Permanent
Up to £42000.00 + Benefits
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Practice Based Educator to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse, Part 1 on NMC register or registered practitioner on the HCPC.
- Teaching / education (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE or inMasters) and mentoring qualification.
- Sound theoretical knowledge.
- Demonstrates evidence of professional development.
- Knowledge of NMC and HCPC Codes and guidelines.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Will also be required to train non-clinical staff - BLS, basic career development, managing training statistics, appraisals.
- Registered Nurse or ODP with minimum 2 years theatre experience and mentorship qualification.
Duties of this role include:
- Take the lead and deliver for day-to-day training and education at site/cluster level and driving innovation and change.
- Support the CHG People Development strategy, developing staff to provide excellence and efficiency in care.
- Working closely with the hospital senior management team to co-ordinate and provide delivery of training and education within scope of practice for the benefit of patient safety with the aim of ensuring the provision of high quality safe care.
- Deliver training and education as required in both a formal and informal setting aligned with the corporate clinical education strategy and competency framework.
- Champion and raise awareness of the benefits of effective education and training to increase the competence of hospital staff.
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 30 days
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development; free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card
- Plus much more
Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy
To find out more about this role, please contact Nicola McMaster - Nicola.Mcmaster@circlehealthgroup.co.uk