Circle Health Group is the leading independent provider of hospital services in the UK. More than 6,500 specialists practice across our hospitals, which handle more than 2 million patient visits per year.
Who we are
Circle Health Group offers the UK’s largest national network of private hospitals. It also provides innovative neurological and musculoskeletal rehabilitation and pathway management services and runs clinics in China.
Founded in 2004, Circle has always invested in the patient experience, combining clinical excellence with peaceful surroundings where patients are treated as individuals. The group has grown through building new, high-spec hospitals, the acquisitions of Nations Healthcare and BMI Healthcare, and joint ventures. In 2021, Circle was named Private Hospital Group of the Year and one of the Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work For.
- UK’s largest independent Hospital Group
- UK’s most patient-focussed healthcare organisation
- UK’s most innovative and technologically advanced hospital provider
- Significant investment in robotics, AI, fully digital pathways, and online booking
- First UK purpose-built state-of-the-art rehabilitation hospital
- First European healthcare provider to enter the Chinese market
- 90% of adults in the UK live within 90 minutes of a Circle hospital
Circle Health Group in numbers
- c. £1bn revenue
- 50+ hospitals
- Over 2,000 beds
- Over 150 theatres
- Over 6,500 consultants
- Over 8,200 employees
- 2 million visits per annum
- Over 60 specialties
- Over 500 treatments
As an international healthcare company with strong humanitarian values, we honour our responsibility to give back to people and the community as much as possible. Our values are shaped by what our employees say they want from the business they work for.
- We value people who are selfless and compassionate
- We value people who are collaborative and committed
- We value people who are agile and brave
- We value people who are tenacious and creative
- In-house talent acquisition team helps to identify, attract and retain the best people in the industry
- Increasing pool of consultants with practicing privileges at all sites
- Focused on supporting the physical and mental wellbeing of staff
- Launched leadership development programme to help grow our own talent
- Significant capital investment programme improving quality & availability of resources
- New facilities opened in 2021 to meet growing demand
- Constructing modular theatres to increase capacity
- Mobile MRI and Mobile CT, providing flexibility in addressing increased demand
Technology and innovation
- Most technologically advanced UK Provider
- Investment in SEO to improve patient access through launch of new website
- Largest hospital online booking platform; thousands of online bookings per week
- Only provider to have online engagement interface with all insurers
- Implementation of enhanced Governance and Assurance framework across all sites
- Maintaining clinical quality by investing in resources; upgrading facilities, equipment and staff
- Implementation of Quality Assurance and Assessment Team to ensure high quality of care is maintained
What our patients say
- 98% of patients were satisfied with the overall level of care
- 98% of patients would recommend us to their family & friends
Culture of excellence
Circle’s purpose is to provide the high quality, safe and compassionate care our patients need and expect.
- We believe that patients come first. Patients are always at our core and we are, above all, the agents of our patients.
- We believe in our people. The best results will come from the best people caring together and from empowering our people to do their best.
- We believe that “good enough” never is. We are unrelenting in the pursuit of excellence, and we never compromise on quality and safety.
- We believe in being open-minded and innovative. Technology and innovation will improve the quality of our patient care and help our people to work more effectively.
- We value people who are selfless and compassionate.
- We value people who are collaborative and committed.
- We value people who are agile and brave.
- We value people who are tenacious and creative.
The Circle Operating System
The Circle Operating System (COS) is at the heart of what makes Circle Health Group unique. It describes the methodology and tools to set up and run healthcare facilities in ‘The Circle Way’. COS aims to empower all our people to deliver patient-centric care in a sustainable environment, providing them with the tools to create and sustain a culture of effective decision-making and peak performance.
People who work at Circle Health Group are empowered to make the best decisions for patients. This means that our approach to leadership and decision making is devolved and inclusive to ensure that everyone takes ownership and accountability. Our approach to enable this is as follows:
- Power is devolved. All staff are empowered to make the best decisions around their services.
- Clinicians and managers are “joined at the hip”. Our leadership focus is on driving and supporting the front-line delivery.
- Our people are aligned to a common purpose and aim, with a clear understanding of how they contribute to achieve this.
- A culture in which everyone feels they can make a difference, knows their contribution is valued, understands their responsibilities and takes pride in the outcomes they achieve.
You can read more about the Circle Operating System (PDF).
Read more about our corporate governance structures and processes below.
Our policies and reports:
- Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
- Safeguarding Statement of Purpose 2022-2024
- Circle Health Group Quality Account 2021/2022
- Duty of Candour Annual Report England and Wales: April 2021 – March 2022
- Duty of Candour Annual Report Scotland: April 2021 – March 2022
- BMI Healthcare Ltd Gender Pay Gap Report April 2019
- Circle Hospital Bath Ltd Gender Pay Gap Report April 2019
- Circle Hospital Reading Ltd Gender Pay Gap Report April 2019
- Circle Health Group Gender Pay Gap Report April 2020
- Circle Health Group Gender Pay Gap Report April 2021
- Subject Access Request
- Group Tax Strategy
- Self-Certification to Monitor (G4 Licence Condition and G6 Licence Condition)
- CHG WRES Action Plan
- Standard Terms and Conditions – Supply of Products and/or Services
- GHG Pension and Life Assurance Plan – Implementation Statement
- GHG Pension and Life Assurance Plan – Statement of Investment Principles
How Circle Health Group works with consultants and GPs
How Circle Health Group reviews clinical content
At Circle Health Group, we’re committed to ensuring that all of our content is not only factually and clinically correct but also well-written, easy to understand and – crucially – useful.
Whether written by our copywriters or directly by a clinician, all content is assessed by our in-house editors.