- London Independent Hospital - London
- Job Advert
Senior Hand Therapist
Up to £25 per hour
BMI London Independent Hospital in Stepney Green is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Hand Therapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Chartered Physiotherapist/State Registered Occupational Therapist with extensive postgraduate hand therapy experience with a proven track record of clinical expertise within this specialist area.
- This experience must include orthopaedics, plastics, rheumatology, trauma, management of acquired conditions and skills in appropriate manual therapies, splinting, hand and wrist assessment and evidence based treatment techniques.
- Postgraduate level learning relating to hand therapy e.g. Master’s degree, Master’s level modules, or British Association of Hand Therapists (BAHT) Level II courses.
- IT GCSE at grade A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
Duties of this role include:
- Provide specialist assessment and treatment (hand therapy) for outpatients, inpatients, pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate. Depending on training, this might include hand and wrist only, hand, wrist and elbow or whole upper limb. For the purposes of this role description, hand and wrist will be used.
- Effectively manage an Outpatient caseload, working within your scope of practice as an autonomous practitioner.
- Make an active contribution to the marketing, promotion and development of the Hand Therapy service within the hospital, working closely with the marketing team, consultants and GP referrers.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally.
- To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.