- Ross Hall Hospital - Glasgow
- Job Advert
BMI Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Instrument Co-ordinator to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems,
- Theatre/decontamination/IPC qualification preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Duties of this role include:
- To assist in the provision of a comprehensive Sterile Instrument service to the Operating Theatre / Endoscopy and OPD. To ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained in working areas, to work as an active member of the theatre team and maintain good working relationships.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.