- Thornbury Hospital - Sheffield
- Job Advert
Up to £18 per hour
BMI Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Radiographer to join their team of staff in the Imaging department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography.
- Healthcare Professionals Council (HCPC) registration.
- A general radiographic background / training.
- IT systems familiarity e.g. RIS / PACS.
- Knowledge of the healthcare service sector and the systems and processes used.
- Aware of College of Radiographers and HCPC Code of Conduct / Accountability.
- Knowledge of Radiation Regulations.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Successful completion of an approved Cannulation course
- Successful completion of the BMI PGD training and comply with the associated PGD
Duties of this role include:
- To actively participate in the efficient and safe operation of the Imaging Department, providing a consistent, high quality service to all patients and visitors.
- To carry out general and specialised radiographic procedures within their scope of competence as agreed with the Clinical Services Manager - Imaging / Clinical Lead to high technical and quality standards, assessing patients & interpreting clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques.
- Undertake imaging examinations in line with department operational procedures and policies, using techniques that produce the lowest radiation dose to the patient and staff whilst producing high quality, diagnostic images.
- Practise good radiation, protection and safety and observe Local Rules and Systems of Work.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.