- Blackheath Hospital - London ; Sloane Hospital - Beckenham
- Job Advert
BMI Blackheath Hospital in London is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Commercial Finance Manager to join their team of staff in the Finance department covering our Blackheath and Sloane sites.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Strong technology skills, including computerised financial systems and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to quickly appraise complex situations and to identify key issues
- Formal finance qualification
- Five years plus experience in senior finance role
- Experience of multi-site or otherwise distributed working environments, with local profit and loss responsibility
- Demonstrated experience in managing change successfully within the finance function
Duties of this role include:
- The purpose of the Commercial Finance Manager is to provide finance support and expertise for hospital Senior Management Teams, driving a clear understanding of the operational and financial performance of the hospital (KPIs, trends, revenue, costs and EBITDAR), ensuring that financial control policies (including approval and authority limits) are followed where relevant, that a disciplined and consistent approach is taken to the management of costs and within-hospital working capital and that all business development and capital proposals are accompanied by a rigorous and commercially astute financial appraisal. The Commercial Finance Manager also is responsible for hospital financial planning and monitoring.
- Alongside ED and SMT, carry out and report on a monthly review of hospital financial trends, results, operating KPIs and commentary as part of performance improvement and challenge (within SMT) to support delivery of hospital operating and financial budgets, including cost control, review of labour against the established through labour variance model, and monthly reporting to regional teams – such monthly review to be used for regional and corporate reporting and analysis
- Facilitate departmental review of operating performance and KPI trends, so support understanding of drivers of performance
- Payor, speciality, doctor and margin review, to support ED consultant and commissioner engagement activity (using commercial and NHS dashboards)
- Hospital capital expenditure incurred to balance sheet
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 30 days
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development; free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card
- Plus much more