- Circle Rehabilitation - Birmingham
- Job Advert
Clinical Psychologist Adult Neuro Rehabilitation
Full Time – Permanent
Up to £62,000 + Benefits
Circle Rehabilitation is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Circle Rehabilitation will provide the perfect platform to help develop your clinical psychology career. We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Psychologist Adult Neuro Rehabilitation to join their team of staff in the Therapies department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. Part time hours are potentially available. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- The successful candidate will be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) with a Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology. They will have clinical experience of adult neuro rehabilitation at band 8 (or equivalent) in a similar setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding leadership and coaching skills
- High professional standards
- Collaborative working with all members of the MDT
- Commitment to our vision and strategy ensuring that our patients receive holistic rehabilitation
- Demonstrate a high level of compassion for patients and their relatives
- Use and development of evidence based practice
- Act as a professional role model for junior members of staff
- Excellent networking and influencing skills
Duties of this role include:
- Supporting both NHS and private patients as inpatients and outpatients the services delivers holistic intensive rehabilitation for:
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Post Covid Rehabilitation
- Complex Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care.
- To participate in MDT meetings
- To provide highly specialist psychological assessment and treatment of adults with mainly neurological diseases or injuries, utilising information from a broad range of structured clinical methodologies to formulate a specialised programme of care.
- To be responsible for implementing a range of psychological interventions for individuals and groups, adjusting and refining psychological formulations, drawing upon different explanatory models and maintaining a number of provisional hypotheses
- To provide clinical psychological input into comprehensive interdisciplinary assessment / treatment / discharge.
- To discuss services and treatment options to potential clients and / or their relatives / carers.
- To ensure that clients are involved in the planning and prioritisation of their rehabilitation plans wherever possible.
- To provide support, consultation and advice on relevant psychological issues to patients and carers.
- To contribute to the management of complex cases, ensuring co-ordination of services involved such as health, social, statutory and voluntary services.
- To adapt practice to meet individual patients’ circumstances, including due regard for cultural, social, and linguistic differences in addition to their cognitive and physical disabilities.
- To be involved in the screening and assessment of referrals to the unit, including assessment of patients in the acute hospital or home setting as required.
- To demonstrate high level of clinical effectiveness by use of evidence based practice.
- To train / supervise rehabilitation assistants, students and more junior members of staff.
- To undertake psychologically based risk assessments and risk management for relevant service users and provide advice on the psychological aspects of risk to other professionals.
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- 27 days’ annual leave pro rata with additional days for long-term service
- Cycle to work scheme: save money on a new bike and benefit from interest-free instalments
- Private pension scheme helping your to live well in retirement
- Health and wellbeing programme which includes free fruit, massages and fitness sessions
- Employee assistance programme: get confidential support 24/7
- Private medical insurance to help you get any treatment you need quickly
- Non-contributory life assurance and income protection insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan: get the benefit of an annual ticket and pay the cost over 12 months
“Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy”