- Highfield Hospital - Rochdale
- Job Advert
BMI Highfield Hospital in Rochdale is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Records Officer to join their team of staff in the Medical Records department.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Previous experience in a Hospital setting
- Working within a team
- Customer service experience
Duties of this role include:
- It is the role of the Medical Records Officer to provide a comprehensive set of Medical notes to include both Inpatient and Outpatient activity for the complete patient journey, namely the Single Patient Record (SPR) within the agreed Hospital SLA. To store, file and track the records both in and out of the Department in line with local process. To provide upon request notes for Clinical Governance, Audits, Secretaries and Consultants, following the Information Security Policy. The Medical Records Officer is responsible for the handling of confidential information and should follow guidelines at all times.
- Operate strictly within Data Protection Act legislation and data protection policies
- Preparation of Medical Records for Outpatient Clinics, Pre Assessment clinics, Telephone Pre Assessments and Admissions within the agreed SLA and according to local process and acute attention to detail
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 30 days
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development; free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card
- Plus much more
Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy