- Park Hospital - Nottingham
- Job Advert
BMI Park Hospital in Nottingham is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a full time role for 32.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- GCE/GCSE’s subjects to include English Language
- Word Processing/RSA II
- 1 year part qualification RSA Part I
- Typing skills (WP/RSA/PC Literate)
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with empathy and the ability to generate rapport with individuals rapidly
- Previous medical secretary experience required
Duties of this role include:
- To provide the highest possible standard of secretarial and clerical support, ensuring that the service is professional, effective and makes optimum use of the resources available
- Provide secretarial support to Consultants, clients and hospital staff
- Ensure that typed documentation is of the highest standard
- Maintain accurate documentation and files
- Communicate effectively/timely all verbal and written messages, responding to urgent requests
- Closely liaise with bookings/admissions office regarding requests via Consultants for patient admissions
- Collate information as required/requested
- Answer and respond to telephone enquiries
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 30 days
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development; free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card
- Plus much more
Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy