- Alexandra Hospital - Cheadle
- Job Advert
Senior Occupational Therapist
Up to £25 per hour
Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Occupational Therapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- State Registered Occupational Therapist.
- Member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapy (RCOT).
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of RCOT and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools.
- Degree level educated, or equivalent.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing occupational therapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Provide occupational therapy assessment and treatment for inpatients and outpatients.
- To provide surgical pre-operative assessment for all patients working closely with the multi-disciplinary team.
- To provide clinical direction for other occupational therapy staff within the team.
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- To manage a clinical caseload, to the highest standard in every aspect including assessment, treatment and documentation.
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group offers a competitive hourly rate.
Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy