- Alexandra Hospital - Cheadle
- Job Advert
The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle Is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Porter to join our team of staff.
This is a Part time role for hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Front line customer facing experience
- Previous portering experience in a healthcare, hotel or hospitality setting preferred
Duties of this role include:
- Porter services play a key r30ole in underpinning clinical and non-clinical services, providing an effective and efficient service for the entire hospital. Porters are required to provide the highest levels of service excellence to the patients and departments they support on a daily basis.
- Porters must be able to respond positively to the operational needs of the Hospital at all times, accepting deployment in various facilities and areas when required to do so. Varying shifts and work routines are a core element of this role.
- Undertake a range of general and ad hoc tasks on a day to day basis to meet the requirements of the site such as patient, equipment, and goods (e.g., pharmacy goods) movement
- Explain hospital facilities and services to patients and family members when escorting people to rooms or other hospital areas
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 30 days
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development; free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card
- Plus much more
“Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy”