- Edgbaston and Priory Hospitals - Birmingham
- Job Advert
The Edgbaston & Priory Hospitals in Birmingham are part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Records Officer to join their team of staff in the Medical Records department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
The successful candidate will have to be willing to work nights.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Previous experience in a Hospital setting
- Working within a team
- Customer service experience
- The successful candidate needs to be physically fit as this role involves lifting, moving trollies and filing of notes
Duties of this role include:
- It is the role of the Medical Records Officer to provide a comprehensive set of Medical notes to include both Inpatient and Outpatient activity for the complete patient journey, namely the Single Patient Record (SPR) within the agreed Hospital SLA. To store, file and track the records both in and out of the Department in line with local process. To provide upon request notes for Clinical Governance, Audits, Secretaries and Consultants, following the Information Security Policy. The Medical Records Officer is responsible for the handling of confidential information and should follow CHG guidelines at all times.
- Operate strictly within Data Protection Act legislation and CHG data protection policies
- Preparation of Medical Records for Outpatient Clinics, Pre Assessment clinics, Telephone Pre Assessments and Admissions within the agreed SLA and according to local process and acute attention to detail
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group offers a competitive hourly rate.
Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy