- Shirley Oaks Hospital - Croydon
- Job Advert
The Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Patient Administrator to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a fulltime role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts are currently between 8:15 am and 8:00 pm Monday to Friday - The successful candidate must be able to work within this pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Basic financial awareness
- Strong Customer Service Skills
Strong written and oral communication skills
Strong team work ethic
Good attention to detail
- Previous administration experience in a private healthcare environment.
Duties of this role include:
- To contribute to the smooth running of the patient administrative process throughout the patient journey. Ensure the CHG best practice process maps are followed, to provide an efficient, professional and standard service to all patients, visitors, consultants and staff. All patient queries are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- First point of contact for all persons attending the hospital, including patients, staff, visitors, Consultants, contractors
- Day to day management of the referrals from the Referral Management Centre, including triage and adherence to the 18 week Referral to Treatment within set timescales and management of SPOT contract patients
Salary & Benefits
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries and access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with service
- Private Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Scheme for treatment at our hospitals, covering pre-existing medical conditions
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- Family Friendly policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption pay
- Non-contributory life insurance
- Staff engagement hub with access to discounts and extensive rewards and voluntary benefits
- Access to resources, tools and services to support your wellbeing
- Employee recognition programmes
- Industry leading training and development opportunities
…and much more!
“Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy”