- Head Office - Central London
- Job Advert
Director of Estates
Full Time - Permanent
Up to £130,000 plus benefits
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Director of Estates to join their team of staff in the Senior Management Department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
- Have ISO accreditation
- Hold significant experience of all aspects of hospital design, build and refurbishment, through management of material programmes and projects.
- Hospital operations experience at senior levels
- Previously worked in organisations with multi-site operations
- Previously managed multi-disciplinary and shared service facilities teams
- Previous experience of managing asset management and risk systems
- You will have effectively implemented health & safety in operating environments and projects
Duties of this role include:
- Write and deliver a yearly maintenance plan for the hospital building estate.
- Ensure that plant and equipment is properly maintained.
- Write and deliver a yearly hospital capital projects plan, ensuring minimal disruption to hospital operations.
- You will ensure that all members of your engineering, health and safety and project teams are correctly qualified and competent.
- Make sure the Pirana database and planning system is up-to-date and used effectively, including maintaining an up-to-date condition survey of plant, equipment and facilities.
- Establish effective relationships with the Operations and Regional Teams, and hospital Executive Directors where relevant, to ensure effective cross working between the Facilities and Hospital Teams.
- You will ensure that CHG has effective contracts with providers of hard maintenance services.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the team whilst role modelling the CHG principles.
- You will manage, motivate and develop direct reports in line with HR policies, procedures and best practice, including: recruitment; induction; performance management; appraisals; absence management and health and safety.
- Be accountable for the department/team/function performance against budgets and performance targets.
- Develop and implement business plans for the relevant department/team/ function, which support CHG's overall strategy
Salary & Benefits
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries and access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with service
- Private Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Scheme for treatment at our hospitals, covering pre-existing medical conditions
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- Family Friendly policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption pay
- Non-contributory life insurance
- Staff engagement hub with access to discounts and extensive rewards and voluntary benefits
- Access to resources, tools and services to support your wellbeing
- Employee recognition programmes
- Industry leading training and development opportunities
…and much more!
“Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy”