- Jubilee Court Decontamination Unit - Glasgow
- Job Advert
BMI Healthcare part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Driver / Sterile Services technician to join their team of staff in the Decontamination department in our Glasgow Unit. .
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence
- Knowledge of all SSD machinery
- Knowledge of basic instruments and equipment
- Knowledge of sterile packing techniques
- Knowledge of safety guidelines in sterile services
- Ability to prioritise workload
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a service by collecting ‘dirty’ trolleys from hospitals and clinics, delivering them to the Glasgow unit facility and returning ‘clean’ trolleys with sterilized trays back to the hospitals\Clinics.
- Carrying other packages or goods between hospitals or units as required.
- To provide a first-class decontamination sterile service to the Operating Theatres, nursing departments and any relevant paramedical departments.
- To provide a first-class decontamination sterile service to the operating department, clinical departments and relevant paramedical departments
- To provide effective leadership and supervision within the department
- To assist in the provision of decontamination, checking, assembly, packing, sterilisation and delivery of medical and surgical equipment and sundry items to/for the customer
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy